What is a Split Butterfly Valves?
- Split Butterfly valves (SBV) OR Containment valve
- Provides a safe method of transferring product from one container or pressure Vessel to another
- Transfer of active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Protection. Many different forms of containment are adopted within Pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturing to create a barrier between the operator and the product being handled or processed.
What are the benefits of using SBV Technology?
- Process your API's ensuring the safety of the operating environment by maintaining the required OEL(Occupational Exposure Limit)
- Protect Your sensitive Products and help eliminate cross contamination.
- Eliminates dust in the processing of raw materials reducing costs associated with cleaning and downtime.
- Increase flow and yield from product transfers.
What is Containment ?
- Containment is the formation of a barrier between the product/process and the personal operating environment during manufacturing process.
- Benefits containment solutions are utilised to protect the operator/environment from the hazaradous products during manufacturing Process.
- Secondary benefits the reailty of containment equipment is the prevention of cross contamination, reduced need for cleaning and the creation of a more ergonomic and efficient working
- The level of containment protection required is quantified as an OEL (Operator Exposure Level).
- Measuring the perfomance of equipment.
- Committee to provide a standard measure of containment effectiveness during solids proccessing in units of micrograms per cubic metre (g/m3)
Advantages provide by DAS Valves
- Split valve technology ensure that your product handling process are not only running effectively but that you benefit from a low cost.
- An independent supplier of containment valves
Valves are designed to help you improve the three key elements of overall equipments effectiveness (OEE)
- A series of safety interlocks ensure that the active and passive units cannot be opened when they are not locked together, Also, the passive units cannot be accidently removed from the active unit during powder transfer, but only once the valve is closed
- Ensure industry regulatory compliance
- Process toxic Powder, ensuring the safety of your personnel and a dust free environment
- Reduce risk of cross containment with closed transfers that limit manual intervention
- Meet Product quality Requirements
- Maximise yield transerring flowing and high value product
- Pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical
- Food and beverage